Career choices for students studying in Pakistani curriculum
The time when a student completes their class 12, the life gets ready to take a major turn. So it is very important to know all courses after 12th. It is usually called as the turning point of life as you have to decide on your career which is a very critical decision and should be taken carefully. In this article we have talked about all the courses you can join after 12th. Students enter into life, exposed to all new things and have to face the challenges of the world. It is the time when students and parents get worried about the career. It is the toughest time when you have to struggle among your choice, interest, scope, and people’s advice and have to decide on career and an ideal course after 12th standard. If you have completed your 10+2 with science stream then you do not have to worry.
The scope is wide for science students as compared to non- science students. It is because a Science student can opt for art & humanities or commerce course but the students from commerce and arts cannot opt for the science-based course. Therefore, students with a science background have a wide scope.
Engineering and medical fields are not the only options after 12th science students. There are plenty of career options after class 12 science such as a career in Scientific, Mechanical, Business, Creative field, Agriculture, Entertainment, Banking, Clerical, Forensic science etc.
If you have completed your 10+2 with the (physics, chemistry and mathematics) PCM group then you have following courses and career options:
- Engineering (B.Tech/ B.E) Courses IN
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Print & Media Technology
- Nuclear Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Dairy Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Application
- Merchant Navy
- Bachelor of Science in Nautical Technology (3 years training at Institute + 1 year at Sea).
- Bachelor of Technology in Naval Architecture and Ship Building.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Nautical Science or Marine Engineering (1-year course).
- B.Sc – You can opt for B.Sc courses in physics, chemistry, Mathematics, biology, astronomy, Forensic Science, geology, agriculture, Information Technology, statistics, industrial chemistry, fashion technology, home science, nutrition, clothing and textile, extension and communication, nautical science, Human Development and Family studies, fashion design, environmental science etc.
- Commercial Pilots
- BSc in Aviation Sciences
- You can join Pakistani defense services (Army, Navy and Air Forces) through national defense academy (NDA) exam.
If you have completed your 10+2 with the (physics, chemistry and biology) PCM group then you have following courses and career options:
- Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. AH)
- Physiotherapy (BPT)
- B.Sc. Occupational Therapists
- B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics
- Integrated M.Sc
- B.Sc. – Biotechnology
- B.Sc. (Dairy Technology/Nursing/radiology/prosthetics & orthotics, optometry)
- B.Sc. Speech and Language Pathology
- B.Sc. Anthropology
- B.Sc. Radiography
- B.Sc. Rehabilitation Therapy
- B.Sc. Food Technology
- B.Sc. Horticulture
- B.Sc. Home Science/Forensic Science
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- BMLT (Medical Lab Technology)
- BOT (Occupational Therapy)
Commerce is a vast field today and every day a new career opportunity is generating in this field. Courses after 12th Commerce is now trending and therefore have a look at them ones. Earlier people have a thinking that only those students opt for commerce that are unable to score for science or only those who belong to a business background but it is not true. Those students, who have commerce stream in 12th class, can check this article for all the available courses after 12th commerce. Today students are proactively opting for commerce whether they have scored good marks or not. In this article, we have list down all the good courses after 12th commerce stream with career options.
- B.Com- (3 years)
- BA in Hotel Management
- BA in Retail Management
- BA in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing
- BA in Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Business Economics
- Bachelor of International Business and Finance
- Management Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Banking and Insurance (BBI-3 years)
- Charted Accountancy (CA)
- Company Secretary (CS)
If you have completed your 10+2 with the Humanities and Creative courses you have following courses and career options:
- Physical Education (BPE)
- Bachelor of Arts in multiple disciplines
- Hotel Management (BA/B.Sc)
- Designing Courses (Interior design, product design, etc)
- Mass-media/ Journalism Courses (BA, BMM)
- Film/ Television Courses (BA, B.Sc)
- Social Work (BSW)
- Law (Integrated Masters in Law Course-5 year; LLB- 3years)
- Diploma in Textile Designing
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Drawing and Painting
- Diploma in Animation and Multimedia
- Diploma (Air Hostess, Crew)
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Foreign languages.
Students studying in Pakistani curriculum can opt any of the above career after 12th class regarding your choice and interest, so it is very important to decide first what you want, where is your interest, take it serious, don’t go as a flock of sheep.